It is the westernmost village of the southern shore of Lake Balaton, it is situated in the immediate vicinity of Kis-Balaton a few kilometres away from the firth of River Zala. It is located only a few kilometres away from the motorway M7, the airport of Sármellék, as well as the railway junction in Balatonszentgyörgy.
- From the direction of Budapest on the motorway M7 until the exit of Balatonkeresztúr, then on route 76 until Balatonszentgyörgy.
- From the direction of Letenye-Nagykanizsa on the route 7.
- From the direction of Keszthely on the route 71.
- From the direction of Zalaegerszeg on the route 76.
- From the direction of Sopron on the route 84 or 71.
On the railway no. 30 between Budapest and Nagykanizsa.
Regular bus service from Marcali, Keszthely, Budapest and Zalaegerszeg.
15 kms from Balatonberény there is the FlyBalaton airport of Sármellék, the only international airport located next to Balaton.
Further information, timetable: www.flybalaton.com